What is the greatest challenge for a jigsaw puzzler?
No doubt, for a person who likes assembling puzzles, the greatest achievement is to win a world championship. The feeling of accomplishing your goal, the feeling of winning is really motivating.
If you are one of those people, read on, at Active Puzzles, we suggest you enjoy assembling a wooden puzzle, choosing your favourite puzzle from any of our collections.
Who is organising puzzle world championships?
The World Jigsaw Puzzle Federation (WJPF) is an association of entities from different countries around the world that share the same interest, puzzles. There is only one organisation from each country in the federation and 49 countries belong to the federation.
- Europe: Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, France, Hungary, Italy, Turkey and Greece.
- America: United States, Canada, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Puerto Rico, Haiti, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago
- Oceania: Australia
- Asia: Jordan, Lebanon, China, Egypt, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam
- Africa: South Africa and Uganda
The objectives of the WJPF are as follows:
- Establishing an Olympic standard
- Organising the World Puzzle Championships
- Overseing the recognition of puzzle competitions as a sporting activity
- Promoting the meeting and friendship of enthusiasts from around the world
- Promoting innovation in the puzzle industry
A puzzle competition is also a competition of speed, who is the fastest puzzler.
Which international puzzle championships will be held in 2022?
Firstly, the World Championships will take place from 23-26th of June in Valladolid, Spain.
Secondly, the World Championships will take place on 19th of November in Australia.
On the other hand, in Spain, the community that organises the majority of these types of competitions is Castilla y León, with the province of Valladolid standing out, where there is the greatest tradition.
What are the different puzzle categories?
In the championship in Valladolid, more than 1,000 people have already registered in the different categories.
On the one hand, the team category, in which there are already 80 groups of between 4 and 5 people each. In the preliminary test, they will have to assemble two 1,000-piece puzzles and in the final two 1,500-piece puzzles.
On the other hand, there is the pairs category, with 200 pairs registered. In the preliminary competition, they will have to assemble a 500-piece puzzle with a time limit of 75 minutes, and in the final, they will have to assemble a 1,000-piece puzzle in a maximum time limit of one hour and a half.
Finally, there is the individual category with 300 registered participants. In the preliminary phase, they will have to assemble a 500-piece puzzle within one hour and a half and in the final, they will also have to assemble a puzzle with the same number of pieces.
Tell us, would you like to take part in a puzzle championship?
In our online shop you can find a wide variety of themes, and we are sure you will find the most suitable one for you. Take a look and choose the one you like the best.
Find out more news related to Active Puzzles on our blog or on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest. We are waiting for you!
Would you like talking about a specific topic? Do you want to ask us something? Write to us at email@example.com, we will be happy to hear from you.
What are you waiting for to start assembling a puzzle? Get your favourite wooden puzzle now.